Monday, February 20, 2012

Where have I been?

Since my wife and I both have today off I figured we'd do something quintessentially Boise, since she's from Lewiston and hasn't been around I jumped on the net to price out a few places, Zoo, Birds of Prey, the new aquarium I heard was very cool. But after seeing the price tag and deciding we also wanted to go to lunch they all were a little too much for our cheap day off/out.

So I finally looked up my favorite movie theatre in town. The dollar theartre/Overland Park Cinemas. While i know you can't catch a movie there for a buck anymore I do remember vividly seeing getting a ticket, popcorn and drink for about $3.50 the last time I was there. I was a senior in highschool and walked there with my brother and sister to see the first Transformers movie.  Ya ya ya that was a few years ago but still I was upset to see they're prices have been raised to six bucks for the same goods.

YIKES!!! Six bucks at the dollar theatre! When I remember fondly walking there during the summer with my family and all five of us got in for 5 bucks. I guess you don't have to be an old fogey to remember how the bench has changed here in Boise!

No comments:

Post a Comment